Sunday, April 9, 2017

Taroty Thoughts- Quiz! Who ARE these people?



No matter how many Tarot groups and forums I join, or Tarot books I read,  It doesn't seem the Court Cards ever get easier for people to interpret.

So, whether you are a 'Tarot Star', or 'Tarot Stumped' when it comes to Face Card Proficiency, let's play a game by identifying them in song lyrics.

I often have single  'Taroty Thoughts' on Facebook - this will be the Music Edition!


"Oh, what, wow, he's the greatest dancer" (Sister Sledge)

Level Beginner? Read the lyrics, answer what you can, and study your court cards
Level Advanced? Jump in and have fun! Learn more about how you identify others in Tarot. 
 Level Expert? I recommend having to also choose the Face Card that would say the lyric- good luck!

Try not to think  of the Major cards, this is meant to make you think about the 16 Court Cards!

These folks sound interesting...

"You're My Wonderwall"  Wonderwall by Oasis ~Would you be fascinated by this person, or would that comment make you think security?
 
"She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene" Billie Jean by Michael Jackson 

 "I've been a miner for a heart of gold." Heart of Gold by Neil Young ~and what card if they were a coal miner?

"Well honey it ain't your money/'Cause baby I got plenty of that/I love you for your pink Cadillac" Pink Cadillac by Bruce Springsteen ~Materialist,or ulterior motive?

"I'm like a bird/ I'll only fly away" I'm Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado ~Might be a hard one to hold

"Lightning strikes every time she moves/And everybody's watching her" This Is What You Came For By Rhianna ~Sounds intense!

"Raven hair and ruby lips/Sparks fly from her finger tips" Witchy Woman  by The Eagles ~Can you see this one? Are you choosing on hair color, or personality? Why?


"Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun. Shine on you crazy diamond" Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd ~Do you know this person?

"I'll cast my spell of love on you, a woman from a child" Magic Man by Heart~Do you find the one saying this swoon worthy, or kind of eerie?

Oh, what can it mean to a Daydream believer/and a Homecoming queen?  Daydream Believer by the Monkees ~Who are these two in the Face Cards? Is there a difference in rank?  Why or why not?

"But he made too many enemies/ Of the people who would keep us on our knees" The Ballad Of Peter Pumkinhead by XTC ~Is he a thinker, or a fighter?


How are you faring so far?  Can you handle more? Coming at ya!


" It's those restless hearts that never mend" New Kid In Town by The Eagles ~(this one's a tuffy!)

"The day the music died"  The Day The Music Died  Don McLean ~Which musician would you say that song means for you? What card are they represented by?

"I'm your biggest fan/ I'll follow you until you love me/papa-paparazzi" Paparazzi by Lady Gaga ~What card represents that needed yet hated celebrity relationship?

 "Suddenly someone is there at the turnstile/ The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes" Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds  by the Beatles ~What must that look like?

"All your life you've never seen a woman taken by the wind" Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac ~Does this mean she's an air sign????

"Coming out of my cage /And I've been doing just fine / Gotta gotta be down / Because I want it all" Mr Brightside by the Killers ~Sounds like some lust for life!

"I'm a gangsta, but y'all knew that." Drop It Like It's Hot  by Snoop Dogg (video is censored version) ~Just concentrate on what type of Face Card the lyric evokes

"I'll keep you my dirty little secret/ who has to know?" Dirty Little Secret by The All American Rejects  ~Seriously, who are these people?? (both of them)

" Bad Bad Leroy Brown,/the baddest man in the whole damned town/ badder than old king kong/ and meaner than a junkyard dog"  Bad Bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce ~ Who did you pick? Why?

"Men of good fortune, very often can't do a thing/While men of poor beginnings, often can do anything" Men of Good Fortune by Lou Reed ~Yes, two cards to choose here.


" I don't need to sell my soul/ He's already in me /I wanna be adored"  I Wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses ~Rx cards are fine in this game by the way!

"The clean up woman is a woman who/Gets all the love we girls leave behind" Clean Up Woman by LeeLa James ~ I don't think she's a bad girl, what about you?


  Still with me?  More under here!


Don't you know that you are/A shooting star/And all the world will love you/Just as long, as long as you are?  Shooting Star by Bad Company ~Wonderful to become famous. Who is the one shot to stardom, and who would the wizened fan that knows how fleeting the trip can be?

 "He met Marmalade down in old New Orleans/Struttin' her stuff on the street/ She said 'Hello, Hey Joe, you wanna give it a go? "~Which card for Creole Lady Marmalade  by Patti LaBelle?

"I'm a thousand miles away/But girl, tonight you look so pretty/Yes you do/Times Square can't shine as bright as you" Hey There Delilah  by the Plain White T's  ~What sweet soulful card would write those lyrics? What card would they be sung for?

"I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad/I got sunshine in a bag/I'm useless but not for long/The future is coming on "~What card would fit this 'Plains Drifter' inspired character? Clint Eastwood by The Gorillaz

 "Oh boy, this dude is outta sight!/Everything he does seems to come out right " Rubberband Man by The Spinners ~What card would make you lose your mind to watch?

"We only said goodbye with words/I died a hundred times/You go back to her/And I go back to Black, black, black" Back To Black by Amy Winehouse 
~What kind of person makes someone feel this way? Who is the person feeling it?  Bonus points- who is the Face Card the one who left picked?

 “I had a dream so big and loud/I jumped so high I touched the clouds” Best Day Of My Life  by The American Authors ~Another dreamer on the list, different dream though- did your card change?


"There's a fire starting in my heart/Reaching a fever pitch, it's bringing me out the dark/ Finally I can see you crystal clear" Rolling In The Deep  by Adele ~ Which one's soul awakes with fire from the dark?

"She was a fast machine/She kept her motor clean/She was the best damn woman I had ever seen" You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC ~Woman as machinery, eh? So she's metal?

" Cause You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye" Out Of Style by Taylor Swift ~Which of those 16 cards captures what Bad Boy daydream visions look like?

 " Said I'm so sick of love songs so sad and slow/ So why can't I turn off the radio?" So Sick by Ne-Yo ~This person doesn't seem Emo, but they do have a heart.  Bonus points- What card would be the Emo kids?

"Just a gigolo/ everywhere I go/People know the part I'm playing" Just A Gigolo by Louis Prima ~Well, at least we KNOW what we're getting

"You’re like 22 girls in one/ And none of them know what they’re running from/ Was it just too far to fall for a little paper doll?” Paper Doll  by John Mayer~ You may have your work cut out for you on this one, LOL


Last leg of the game ( you're doing great!)


 "You had one eye on the mirror/And watched yourself gavotte/And all the girls dreamed that they'd be your partner" You're So Vain by Carly Simon~ What card sums up this magnetic flawed person?

 "Strung out on lasers and slash-back blazers/Ate all your razors while pulling the waiters" The Jean Genie by David Bowie ~A way back song- the people though, they remain the same.

"Now please don't think I'm weak/I didn't turn the other cheek/Papa, I should hope you understand/ Sometimes you gotta fight when you're a man" Coward Of The County by Kenny Rogers ~One moment  timidity could no longer stand. What Court Card for these still waters running deep?

"Hey woman, you got the blues/ cos' you ain't got no one else to use" Evil Woman by E.L.O. ~No shortage of this mentality in the world

 "Oh no, not me/I never lost control/You're face to face/With The Man Who Sold The World" The Man Who Sold The World  by David Bowie  ~Bonus points if you name 1) the card for when the song was written (1970)  and 2) now - Did you choose two cards? Why or why not?

 "He took one guitar/ juke box hero/ stars in his eyes/juke box hero/he'll come alive tonight" Jukebox Hero by Foreigner ~Dreamer and doer, this one.

"Cause we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl" Material Girl by Madonna ~Enough said.

"She take my money when I'm in need/Yea she's a trifling friend indeed/Oh she's a gold digger way over town/That digs on me" Gold Digger  by Kanye West ~Not only material, but manipulative!!!

 " Well she wants to be the Queen/Then she thinks about her scene/Pulls her hair back as she screams/
I don't really wanna be the Queen" Meet Virginia by Train~Verdict- Queen or no?

"Nobody stopped to hear him/Though he played so sweet and high/They knew he had never been on their T.V./ So they passed his music by" For Free  Joni Mitchell ~Who represents the talented not oft sung hero we see?

" I wanna publish zines and rage against machines" Flagpole Sitta by Harvey Danger ~ Ah, angst!


How did you do?  


Just One More (Extra Credit)-  What Face Card can deliver this line of emotion?
 "I'm gonna look at you till my eyes go blind" Mississippi  by Bob Dylan ~Did you pick one?
Now, go back and hear the song  and listen for the line. Did your choice change?


My teaching (soapbox) moment: this exercise is meant to be fun, but there is some reasoning behind only the snippet descriptions of people.  It's about getting only the part of the story, either by a first impression of someone, or something you are told. Upon knowing more about people, we often see how many hats ( or face cards) we all can encompass at different times.

Thank you for playing! I hope you enjoyed it!

 Now I love this stuff! If you play along, it would be such a treat if you tag me on Facebook (Sg Frindle) or Twitter Frindle_Sg   with your answers! (Copy and Paste works)

No comments:

Post a Comment